Tuesday, October 20, 2015

"I'm grateful his day is over!"

Yesterday was one of those days, you know, the days that you just wish would get over.
 One of those terrible horrible, no good very bad days.

I pinned 5 new pins with parenting advice.

I called my sister and cried. She reassured me she has days like this too.

I wrote in my gratitude journal, "I'm grateful his day is over!" 

I woke up in the morning to a new day. 

My favorite book series as a young girl was Anne of Green Gables. In one of the volumes after Anne Shirley has messed up again (she was so good at that), her teacher and mentor said something that has stuck with me on those bad days. 
"Tomorrow is a new day, with no mistakes in it." 

What a gift! We can wake up and try again each new day. We can make tomorrow better than today. We can be sure that tomorrow holds promise.

So take a deep breath, find 5 happy things that happened - even on the worst of days - 
and be grateful we have tomorrow.
One of the happy things that happened on that awful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment